Fiogret, Ogboru’s Company Sues Ogunba


Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru

Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru

Chief Ogboru’s company, Fiogret Limited, has filed a suit against Mr. Kunle Ogunba and other defendants for the disruption of its business activities on Friday, May 31, 2013.

The idea, according a Blank News Online findings, is to challenge Ogunba’s ill-informed attempt to re-execute lapsed ex-parte order which was issued in January 2013 against Fiogret Limited.

Fiogret Limited, in Suit No. FHC/L/CS/771/2013 filed on June 3, 2013, is specifically claiming N500 Million as damages against Mr. Ogunba and the Deputy Sheriff of the Federal High Court for their’ attempt to execute for the second time the ex parte order of 30th January, 2013 made in suit No: FHC/L/CS/63/2013.

The firm contends that the said ex parte had lapsed by the operation law and also that the defendants caused them huge financial losses for putting their business premises under “menacing siege” in an attempt by the defendants to re-execute an order that had been previously executed.

It would be recalled that the premises of Fiogret Limited in Lagos were invaded by over 100 police officials working with lawyers and agents of Mr. Kunle Ogunba and a bailiff of the Federal High Court on Friday, May 31, 2013 in an attempt to execute the said order for the second time.

The head office of the firm on Norman Williams Street in Ikoyi was allegedly shut down for the whole day.

A source confirmed that the situation only came under control when it became clear to the police and court officials that the said order had been previously executed on March 1, 2013 and issues relating to it are pending in court.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s