Blank NEWS Online can report that the embattled President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF),
has been impeached, through eight votes to five of the 13-man Executive Committee.
Maigari’s impeachment came shortly after members of the NFF reconvened to review Nigeria’s participation at the just concluded World Cup in Brazil.
Chief Mike Umeh ( 1st Vice President) has been asked to act as NFF President, pending a fresh election in August.
A communiqué issued by the Chairman of the Communiqué Drafting Committee, Muazu Suleyman and made available to Blank NEWS Online reads:
The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on Thursday, 24th July, 2014 to review situation after the vacation of Court Injunction as well as the resultant lifting of suspension by FIFA, and resolved as follows:
1) The Committee expressed deep and very sincere appreciation to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR as a person, and the Federal Government as a body, for massive and continued support to the Nigeria Football Federation and the National Teams.
2) After thorough and exhaustive deliberations on the uncalled-for secrecy surrounding all financial dealings of the Federation and failure to call meeting of the Executive Committee for the past eight (8) months, during which so many weighty decisions on Nigeria football had been taken by a small cabal within the Board, the Executive Committee passed a vote of no confidence on the NFF President, Alhaji Aminu Maigari.
3) In view of the above, the Committee approved the immediate dismissal of Alhaji Aminu Maigari, from the NFF Executive Committee on grounds of financial misappropriation, misapplication and maladministration.
4) The Committee resolved to mandate the 1st Vice President, Chief Mike Okeke Umeh as Acting President, to preside over the affairs of the Federation, pending the composition of the new NFF Executive Committee after the elections of Tuesday, 26th August, 2014.
5) The Executive Committee commended world football –governing body, FIFA and the Confederation of African Football for its keen interest in the development of Nigeria football and pledged that the country will continue to abide by the dictates of FIFA and CAF Statutes and the FIFA –approved NFF Statutes.
6) Executive Committee thanked Nigerians from far and near for their patience and understanding during the crisis period and reiterated that concerted efforts are geared towards the development of football in Nigeria.
IN ATTENDANCE: Alh. Aminu Maigari (President); Chief Mike Umeh (Vice President); Chief Emeka Inyama (Member); Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Alh. Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Member); Chief Effiong Johnson (Member); Barr. Christopher Green (Member); Hon. Shehu Adamu (Member); Alh. Muazu Suleyman (Member); Mr. Ayodeji Tinubu (Member); Alh. Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Chief Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member). Secretary, Musa Amadu, also in attendance.