Donations from individuals, groups, party men and communities, amounting to about N98 million have been made available to Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan to pick up the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nomination form today, (October 30, 2014) as the ruling party’s candidate in the 2015 presidential elections.
The President is expected to pick up the PDP expression of interest form (N2 million) and nomination form (N20 million) at the PDP national secretariat in Abuja, Presidential spokesman, Rueben Abati has said.
The highest donations of N22 million each came from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the Transformation Agenda of Nigeria (TAN).
“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians, members of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the administration in the last four years, have been urging him to seek a second term in office.
“President Jonathan is greatly encouraged by the overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support, as well as the confidence of the generality of Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the country for the good of all of its people.
“The President is also grateful to all the persons, groups and communities who have sent donations, and made pledges to assist him to pay the required N22 million for the PDP Presidential Nomination Fee and Expression of Interest Form.
“He acknowledges, and accepts with immense gratitude, the following donations and pledges that he has received from a broad section of Nigerians.
President Jonathan assures the donors that he will continue to do his utmost best at all times to fully justify the great confidence they have placed in his leadership.”
The donors are:
1. Mr. Kennedy Ikenna Odoeme – N5, 000
2. Mr Ezemagu Sunday Nnamdi – N10, 000
3. PDP Governors – N22 Million
4. Transformation Agenda of Nigeria (TAN) – N22m
5. Ogbia LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa state – N5m
6. Otuoke Community Stakeholders – N2m
7. Brass LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa state – N50, 000
8. Bayelsa State PDP Stakeholders- N5m
9. Northern Youths Forum – N2m
10. Central Market Traders Union, Kaduna State – N1m
11. PDP Stakeholders, Zaria LGA – N500, 000
12.PDP Stakeholders, Yobe State – N500, 000
13.PDP Stakeholders, Kaduna State- N2m
14. Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore – N5m
15. The Goodluck Support Group, Gombe State – N1m
16. Adamawa State PDP Stakeholders – N3m
17. Ebonyi State PDP Stakeholders- N2m
18.Kogi State PDP Stakeholders – N5m
19. Rivers State PDP Stakeholders – N5m
20. The 2015 Project – N1m
21.Team Goodluck, Ondo North Senatorial District – N5m
22. Middle Belt PDP Women Support Group for GEJ 2015 – N500, 000
23. King David Generation Foundation, Jos – N200, 000
24. Behwong Weneng Yere Duk, Jos – N200,000
25. Redemption 3 Youth Organization, Plateau State – N500, 000
26. Plateau State Indigenes Association, Abuja – N300,000
27. Gombe Youth United for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 2015 – N500, 000
28. Gombe Youth Vanguard for PDP- N500, 000
29. Yamahu/Deba Goodluck Support Group – N200, 000
30. Coalition of Gombe Support Groups for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan – N2m
31. Hinna Youth Coalition for Goodluck – N500, 000
32. Nigerian Women Pray for Jonathan – N1m
33. National Association of Widows – N100, 000
34. National Council of Women Societies – N500, 000
35. Female members of the PDP Board of Trustees – N500,000
36. Joint Association of Persons with Disabilities – N100,000
37. National Association of Market Women – N500, 000
38. Community Awareness and Development Network – N1m
Note: President Goodluck Jonathan will formally declare his intention to run for 2015 Presidential election on November 11, having been overwhelmingly adopted by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as sole candidate for the 2015 presidential election.