The Nigeria Police Force has issued a list of electoral offences and warned members of the public, particularly eligible voters to beware of some offences that are punishable on Election Day.
According to the Force Public Relations Officer, Acting CP Emmanuel Ojukwu, members of the public have also been advised to avoid trouble, “as any offender will be arrested and prosecuted.”
He listed the 15 offences as follows:
(1) Casting of vote twice or more.
(2) Announcing false election result.
(3) Stopping any other person from voting.
(4) Revealing information on a ballot paper of another person.
(5) Being in possession of another person’s voter card.
(6) Disorderly Behaviour at polling unit.
(7) Canvassing for votes at polling unit.
(8) Shouting Slogan of a political party at polling unit.
(9) Being armed with guns, sticks, stones or any other dangerous weapons at polling unit.
(10) Loitering or walking about in a poling unit.
(11) Using siren at a polling unit.
(12) Snatching or destroying ballot boxes or Card readers.
(13) Holding public meeting during election hours on Election Day.
(14) Wearing or carrying badge or poster of a political party.
(15) Inflicts or threatens to inflict injury on any person or persons at a polling unit.
***Read Blank NEWS Online for regular news updates…Also like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter